Christmas Choccy S Recipe | Sala Studio, Auckland, NZ
If you're not already feeling festive, this recipe will get you in the mood. These little treats are so easy to throw together, making a yummy Christmas gift.
Dec 21, 2021
The self-proclaimed everyday chefs Nikki and Laura of Assortment are constantly filling our feeds (and bellies) with yummy inspiration.
If you’re not already feeling festive, maybe this recipe will get you in the mood. These little treats are so easy to throw together, making a delicious Christmas gift. Perfect for the kiddies to make, putting their spin on the recipe.
1⁄2 cup pecans
1⁄2 cup hazelnuts
1⁄4 cup pistachios (shelled)
1⁄4 cup coconut chips
1⁄3 cup dried apricots
1⁄3 cup dried figs
1⁄3 cup dried sour cherries or cranberries
300g dark chocolate1 orange (zest)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees, fan bake and line a 20cm x 20cm tin with baking paper.
2. Roast the nuts in two separate trays. Add the pecans and hazelnuts together in one tray and the pistachios in another; roast for 10 minutes. Then remove it from the oven and let it cool.
3. Once cooled, add the hazelnuts, pecans, coconut and dried fruit to the lined tin; stir to combine everything.
4. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Once the chocolate has melted, add in the orange zest and spices.
5. Pour the dark chocolate over the nuts and fruit; stir through the chocolate to ensure even distribution. Top with sea salt and the chopped pistachios and pop into the freezer to set for a couple of hours.
Variations Swap dark chocolate for milk or white chocolate. Use every nut and fruit mix you’d prefer. Want to learn more about Nikki and Assortment? Read her journal entry here.